August 20, 2018
8.30 am Welcome and Orientation
8.45 am Wheat, Flour and other grains
- Overview of wheat and flours for baking
- Discussion of Verity grains
10.15 am Chemical Leavening – Types, uses, functionally
11.00 am Hands-on Baking of Breads
- Ingredient variations
12.30 pm Lunch
1.00 pm Enzymes in Baking – Types and functionality
- Applications and usage in baking
2.00 pm Sweeteners: Sugars and Sugar Substitutes
- What are common sweeteners used in bakery products
- What are available substitutes for sugar
Fats & Oils in Baking
- Introduction to the fats and oils used in baking
Salt and Salt Substitutes
3.00 pm Fruit Filling and Baking
3.15 pm Hands-on Baking of Sweet Goods
- Variations of chemical leavening and fats & oils in cakes
4.30 pm Starches and Gums
- Why would you want them?
- What are the forms available
5.00 pm Bake cakes with ingredient variations
5.45 pm Evaluation of Bread and Sweet Goods
06.00 pm Presentation of Certificates.
Discount: If any participant wish to apply for two or more courses, 15% discount on each course will be ensured.
If enrollment for the course is cancelled 15 days before the start the course, full fee will be refunded. However, if cancellation is done 3 days prior to the start of the course, Rs. 2,500 will be charged towards late cancellation. There will be no refund if cancellation is done less than two days prior to the start of the course. Substitutions can be done anytime before the start of the course.
AIBTM reserves the right to cancel the workshop due to insufficient enrollments or faculty emergency or any other emergency. AIBTM’s liability is limited towards refund of fee only.